Covering the purchase and sale of new and pre-owned Holiday Homes and the agreement to occupy a pitch on a holiday park
The NCC Approved scheme is an initiative to improve consumer protection and to
promote and protect the interests of NCC Park members. At the scheme’s heart is
a new Consumer Code of Practice. This establishes a benchmark for industry best
practice and standards which are then monitored and policed through the NCC
This new scheme is currently being introduced to members. Once initial assessments are complete and Approvals granted, the scheme will formally be launched to the public in 2013.
By being NCC Approved and complying with the Consumer Code of Practice, a Park
can demonstrate to existing and potential customers that it makes a conscious
and tangible commitment to protect their interests. The main principles of the
Code are to:
- Treat consumers fairly
- Provide greater consumer protection and rights than required by law
- Deliver high levels of customer satisfaction
- Monitor customer satisfaction for continuous improvement
- Ensure access to low cost independent redress
All of these commitments are valued by consumers and give businesses an edge over their competitors.
The scheme also benefits Parks via;
- Framework to help the business operate within the laws governing consumer rights
- Advice on best practice guidelines to improve efficiency and professionalism
- Equipping the business and brand with a positive and powerful marketing tool
- Opportunity to attract consumers that are more inclined to buy from trustworthy
NCC Approved scheme members
To find out more about the Approved Holiday Ownership Scheme, the NCC Codes Manager - Frank Finch, explains theScheme to the Caravan Times in this short video clip.